As a consultant CFD engineer, my duties are as following;
- Planning and Delivery Numerical Simulations
- Planning and set-up of simulations including geometry preparation and mesh generation as defined by customer requirements.
- Analysis, assessment and troubleshooting of simulation results.
- Comparison of simulation and experimental results.
- Documentation of simulation results in presentations and reports
- Development, recording and reporting of best practices as required
- Development and application of CFD methods and models according to customer needs
- Delivering consultancy projects.
- Data archiving
2. Delivery of Support & Training
- Customization of software in accordance with customer needs
- Proactive delivery of user support to customers both remotely and/or on-site
- Delivery of training to customers both remotely and/or on-site
- Proactive interaction with customers to ensure client satisfaction
- Software installations and systems support
- Coordination and support to development team in resolving software bugs
- Flag and communicate to management any matters of concern
Customer Communication & Collaboration
- Work closely with customers and related parties to identify and communicate simulation requirements and results
- Communicate regularly with customers to ensure objectives are fully identified and understood and any variations to project definition are communicated
- Serve as a key point-of-contact for customers
- Assess & resolve customer issues and technical problems with support of delivery team colleagues where required
- Resolve issues related to the process, usability, and application of tools.